Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Review: Twin Breastfeeding Pillow

We took a twin breastfeeding class at 33 weeks, and the instructor showed us a double breastfeeding pillow. I'd seen such things prior to the class and always made fun of them (they kind of look rediculous and they're a little pricey for a freaking pillow), but after the class I started thinking it might not be the worst purchase in the world.

I bought the very stylish cheetah print pattern (much to my husband's chagrine). I planned to use it right away in the hospital, but breastfeeding was kind of rough going for the first few days, so I didn't want to add another new element to the mix.

Once I got home, however, this pillow was one of the best purchases I made for the babies. While I'm still working on making tandem feeding a regular practice, it would be almost impossible without the double pillow. More importantly though, the double pillow makes it possible for me to hold both of them at the same time without both of my arms breaking off. It gives me a place to rest one baby safely while I'm feeding the other. It would be way more difficult to care for both of the boys by myself if I hadn't made this purchase. It also gives me a place to set my laptop while the boys are sleeping on me. Thanks to this pillow, I was able to do a project for work while holding both boys when they weren't even two weeks old!

The pillow also has a privacy cover that goes over your neck. My chest is pretty big, so there's still a lot of skin showing on the sides, but it's a nice feature for when we have less familiar company over.
Another feature of the pillow is a back rest and back strap, but I'm not thin enough to use it yet. Using the pillow on the couch satisfies the back support need though.

The pillow we bought is available for $69.99 on Amazon.com in a variety of colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment